Like most of you I’ve been through my cycles of weight loss and weight gain. Something would spark my motivation and I would be hyper focused for weeks at a time.
And then the drive would start to taper. That taper would lead to a few missed workouts or some off plan eating.
This would continue until losing weight was no longer my #1 priority any more. It looked something like this:
- Yeah, let’s do this!
- It’s working!
- This isn’t so bad.
- I’m gonna look awesome come summer time.
- I’m hungry, but I’m doing great, so I can afford to eat that.
- I’m feeling too lazy to work out today. Missing one workout won’t matter.
- Man, I haven’t worked out in a week. I need to work out tomorrow.
- OK, it’s been another week without a workout now.
- Ugh, my weight is starting to go back up from all that garbage I’ve been eating.
- I did all that work for nothing.
- Eh, what’s the point. I should just be happy